Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hiatus

Just when blogging seemed to be going so well, becoming a nice habit, ... there went February. (I think we can agree "electric pee" was getting pretty -ah- stale after 18 days.) Not quite sure what happened. But for one thing, all my posts were late at night (Blogger's time-stamp shows when the writing started) -- which was doing nothing for health, sanity, or family harmony. And then my employer asked me to drop my current NASA commitment and head up a new project elsewhere. I was pretty sure I didn't want the new role; but I didn't want to leave my colleagues in the lurch. Unfortunately, this brought out the worst in me: instead of saying "No" promptly and clearly, I let the inner turmoil and second-guessing begin; I clammed up, and avoided them for most of a week. So mature and professional. People were leaving me voice-mail: "Did you get my email? Hope to hear from you. Here's my cell..." And of course, blogging is hard enough even when my inner thoughts are clear and confident. So, that's my story... Now that that awkward episode is over, things should pick up a bit around here.

In the midst of the hubbub, I found Sam Phillips' bizarre song "Zero Zero Zero!" oddly comforting: "
... everything that I'm not is all that I've got." (If I'm a zero, at least I have a theme song.) And of course, there's always the beatitudes: "Blessed are the [zeroes], for theirs is the kingdom of heaven..."

No comments: